NOTICE TO ALL CADETS/ PARENTS / GUARDIANS / STAKEHOLDERS
To Cadets, Parents and Guardians,
The safety and security of all who participate in the Cadet Program is always one of our top priorities. It is assumed that the COVID-19 pandemic could last 18 months or longer. This virus will likely return in multiple waves and continue to pose a threat to the Canadian Public. A return to normalcy is not forecasted any time soon, and we need to prepare for a new normal.
The following precautions are now in place for the Cadet Corps:
- Everyone MUST complete the online assessment PRIOR to being allowed to entre the facility / training location (CLICK HERE TO ACCESS)
- No guests/drop-ins will be permitted into the Cadet Corps (including parents / guardians / stakeholders) unless they have made an appointment with the Commanding Officer (CLICK HERE TO ACCESS);
- All personnel must wear masks at all times;
- Social distancing (of at least two-metres) will be maintained;
- Washing of hands (for at least 20 seconds) will be strongly encouraged;
- Hand sanitizers must be used on a regular basis;
- Every personnel who enter the building must complete a safety briefing, health check and register in the tracing logbook;
- Cadets must complete the Covid-19 training program (MANDATORY) before they can attend cadets (CLICK HERE TO ACCESS – NOTE: Must use Internet Explorer);
- Those showing flu-like symptoms must stay home (NOTE: cadets will not be penalized if they stay home – they must still fill out a SHORT LEAVE FORM. Cadets will be encouraged to remain home for 14 days);
The Cadet Corps will strive to ensure that each cadet activity is a safe, fun, engaged and inclusive environment for cadets and staff. This will require participation from all cadets, parents/guardians, stakeholders and staff to ensure we are all meeting our obligations.
NOTE: Even though the Canadian Cadet Organizations shall strive to ensure all procedures are met, every person must meet their obligations to ensure it is a safe environment for cadet training.
NOTE: The Canadian Cadet Organizations may issue another stand down Nationally / Regionally should Covid-19 have another surge and create an unsafe environment. Should this happen, it will be out of the Cadet Corps control.